The Ohio Stereo Photographic Society
invites you to participate in the
2020 Ohio International Stereo Exhibition
Closing: April 25, 2020
Stereo Photographers are invited to submit their work to our International Exhibition. Judges will be looking for original and artistic interpretations in a variety of subject matter. Consideration will also be given to technical aspects such as exposure, alignment and placement of the stereo window.
PSA Recognition Identification Number: [PSA 2020-155]
Exhibition General Chairman
34141 Southside Park Drive
Solon, OH 44139
Sections & Image Format
There is only one section in this Exhibition: Digital, Open
Only electronic images are accepted. Each entrant may submit up to four (4) images, each image being in one parallel (SBS) view JPEG file that is no more than 1080 pixels tall and no more than 3840 (2×1920) pixels wide. (Please note: You do not need to add a solid border to bring the images to exactly 3840×1080 in size.)
Non stereo images will not be accepted. Please be sure they are saved in parallel view with the right image on the right side and the left image on the left side. Cross-eyed view images (psuedo-stereo images) will be returned to the entrant for correction if time allows.
Maximum file size of each image pair should not exceed 2.0 MB.
Entry will be by web form only by going to the submission page at https://ohiostereoexhibition.com/2020-oise-submission/.
When you go to this page, you will be asked for the following information:
- Given Name, Familial Name
- Email Address
- Mailing Address (please include complete information)
- PSA Distinctions
- PSA Star Rating
- Have you submitted to the OISE before?
- Verification that the submitted images were created by the you.
- Verification that none of your submitted images have been accepted in previous Ohio International Stereo Exhibitions.
- Verification that you have read, understood and accepted these “Conditions of Entry.”
You will enter titles and upload images in any or all of the judging groups one through four. Once you’ve upload your images, you will be asked to pay the $10 entry fee by PayPal. The website will send you an immediate acknowledgement of your entry. If you don’t receive the acknowledgement from the website or the PayPal payment confirmation, please contact us so we can ensure your images are included in the judging. If you have problems with the web page entry, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to put each image in judging group from one to four. Order of entrants’ images within the groups is random and you can only have one image in each group. Spaces may be used in the image title but no special characters such as commas, brackets, apostrophes, periods, hyphens, asterisks, slashes, etc. Other than spaces, use ONLY letters and numbers.
If you have problems with the web page ppsubmission or in paying the entry fee by PayPal, please let us know at email@example.com.
The entry fee is USD $10. This fee is per entrant, not per entry. Each entrant pays $10 whether they enter one or four entries.
Your entry is not compete until the entry fee is paid.
Due to the Covid 10 social distancing, judging this year will done by the judges separately on their own large screens.
Conditions of Entry
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own. Aliases are not permitted. The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated provided the photographic content predominates, subject to Nature, Photo Travel and Photojournalism divisional restrictions. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
- may not be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- may not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
- images meeting the Monochrome Definition and non-manipulated color images from the same capture shall be considered the same image and must be given the same title.
- PSA members working on Galaxy and Diamond Star Ratings shall be allowed to continue using different titles of monochrome versions and color versions of the same capture that have already been accepted until the required number of acceptances for those titles have been completed.
- Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
- An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path
If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
- the images are the original work of the entrant and
- the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
Data Protection & Permission
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
Selection & Awards
35-45% of all entries will be accepted in the exhibition.
The images will be projected using two Optoma TH1060 projectors (1920×1080 resolution) and viewed using polarized glasses.
Awards will be selected from the highly scored images and may be decided by discussion. The following awards will be given:
- Best of Show: PSA Gold Medal
- Second Place: PSA Silver Medal
- Judge’s Choice: One per Judge (Total of 3)
- Best First Time OISE Entrant: Best Entry from a first-time OISE entrant
- Honorable Mention: Approximately 10% of accepted entries
- Closing Date: April 25, 2020
- Judging Date: May 2, 2020
- Report Card e-mail: May 16, 2020
- Web Site Catalog (PDF File, posted for download):
- July 18, 2020: https://ohiostereoexhibition.com
- Awards Mailed: June 23, 2020
- Ohio Stereo Photographic Society, Richfield, Ohio September 1, 2020 (http://www.drt3d.com/ohio3d/psa/)
- Detroit Stereographic Society, Livonia, MI, September 11, 2020 (http://www.detroit3d.org/)